Changing Lives

Listen up. I know full well that there are people who claim to be Christians, but they live like the devil. (I have serious doubts that they ever were Christians, 1 John 2.19, Matthew 7.20-21.) For that matter, one reason that I went away from my faith for several years was because of false or nominal Christians, but never mind about that now. Like any group, there are members that do not uphold the beliefs and principles of that group. Especially if it's a large one. Seems to me that it has something to do with a simple problem, that of being human.

I'm saying this at the outset because there are people who will look for any excuse to negate Christianity, Christians, the Bible and God himself. You know the type: "I knew a guy that went to church and said he was a Christian, and he was caught stealing money". So? That means he had problems, not that God is fake. The exception does not invalidate the whole, and the exception does not become the rule.

I think I've covered the people that look for excuses to disbelieve. Now, on with what I really want to say.

God is in the business of changing lives, and his people are supposed to be going about their business of proclaiming the gospel so those lives can be changed. The short form is that if you humble yourself, admit that you have sinned, confess your sins and repent (turn away) from them, making Jesus the Lord of your life, you will be saved. And "saved" means that you will no longer be in danger of getting the justice you deserve in Hell. Instead, your place in Heaven is assured. You will become a child of God, adopted into his family.

None of this "I believe" intellectual assent nonsense. I'm not trying to just convince you of something, I'm trying to show you that you need to be committed to Christ so your heart can be changed and settle your eternal destination.

Even better, you will be transformed and become a new creation. As you grow in him, those rotten things you used to take delight in doing will lose their appeal, and their grip on enslaving you will be loosened. You life on earth can change if you let God have his way with you. If you want to discuss these things further, feel free to write to me, or use the links ("How to Get to Heaven" and "The Romans Road" links at the top right side of the page, and the "Good Person Test" in the right column).

John Schlitt was in the group Head East. He became such a druggie that he was a detriment to the band and got himself thrown out. Jesus made something of his life, and he became a minister by being the lead singer for the Christian rock band Petra (one video is here). I hope his story will speak to you.

Comments

Blessed be God for His mercy...none of us are beyond falling.

Thanks for the encouragement!
We all need to be more committed!

May the Lord use your post to speak to the lost.

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

Where Does It Stop?